Friday, October 10, 2008

The sunrise coast

Here is this morning's sunrise, viewed from our backyard.


Although I write about the North Shore of Lake Superior, we actually live on the west shore. Minnesota Point forms the blunt tip of the nose of the Lake Superior wolf head. So we get sunrises, sometimes very beautiful ones.

Do sunrises inspire great works through the day? Does it make us better people here on Minnesota Point that we're greeted by beauty in the morning? California is the land of sunsets over the Pacific Ocean—are people there different from us because of that?

I don't know. I do know that now it's raining and I've got a long to-do list for the day. We'll see what inspiration I have from this morning's beauty.

2 comments:

Ovidia said...

My Gentleman Caller sent me a photo HE took of the exact same sunrise this morning ...!

What a cool idea -- that starting your day off with something lovely has ripples throughout your day.

Even if you DIDN'T agree to help out with the pledge drive, I would admire you!

Andrew Slade said...

Thanks, Ovidia. A good sunrise is sort of like getting up on the right side of the bed.