Monday, March 23, 2009

I told you so

Despite open water as far as I could see yesterday, I made a bold prediction: the wind would bring the ice in. So today, I feel like an old salty sea dog. "Narrh!"

I was right:



Not only did the ice sheet move in, the freezing rain brought more ice to leaves and grass and trees and cars:



I made it to the edge of the beach, where yesterday the waves were lapping.



Now it's down to the Rusty Capstan tavern to regale those green Horatio Hornblowers with my tales from the briny deeps...NARRH!

2 comments:

clairity said...

Fantastic pictures! You are brave. I'm hoping for a pause in the rain so I can get out and take pictures.

Andrew Slade said...

Thanks...I actually accidentally underexposed all of these, then had to redo them in photoshop. Maybe that adds something?