Monday, September 14, 2009

I'd like to buy a consonant

I'm looking for a slight change in my career path. After twenty years of environmental education, I'm thinking about something new.

Maybe...maybe I could just add a letter, or take one away.

Instead of being a naturalist...



I could be a naturist. The pay would be about the same, and I wouldn't have those nerdy hiking sock tan lines.



Instead of doing phenology, the study of the timing of seasonal phenomena..




I could do phrenology! Might be a bit bumpy, however.



Not sure where I am now on this one, but I could either go all the way into my love of language and be an etymologist...



Or I could indulge my interest in blackfly pollination of blueberries and be an entomologist.



Maybe I'll just stick with EE.

1 comment:

Andrew Slade said...

A friend on Facebook suggested I could drop being an environmentalist and just be a mentalist. I'd have to think about that one.