Thursday, January 28, 2010

Come chat with me!



Party time, Ski People!

That's a rough translation of "Volks Ski Fest," the name of the annual event celebrating Cook County's great North Shore ski trails.

At last year's Volks Ski Fest, I had one learning experience after another after another. I learned about discretion, valor, family dynamics, and a certain surly stretch of ski trail.

Volks Ski Fest got underway again last weekend, in the middle of the rain and snow. Fortunately, the storm left Cook County with more snow than rain and the trails have been groomed into great shape.

I'm doing two programs this Saturday, January 30th.

From 1:00-3:00, I'll be at the Lake Superior Trading Post in Grand Marais, signing copies of Skiing the North Shore and Camping the North Shore and swapping tales of great cross country ski adventures. I've met some great folks at the Trading Post, and owner Eric Humphreys is a tireless advocate for North Shore adventures.


From 6:00 to 7:00, I'll be at Lutsen Resort doing a Fireside Chat about...you guessed it...Skiing the North Shore. This is an informal gathering in Lutsen's great homey lobby, where we'll sink into big chairs near the fireplace and share tales about nearby ski trails.

Please PLEASE come to one...or both!...of these events. As much as I enjoy researching and writing these guidebooks, I enjoy even more talking with other skiers and hikers and campers and North Shore aficionados.

After all, it's party time, ski people!

No comments: