Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Watch out for ski season


There's snow on the ground in the hills above Lake Superior, but we've got a long way to go before the ski trails look as great as they did last January. The ground needs to freeze up (it's tough skiing through puddles) and the lakes need to freeze over.

Don't know about you, but I'm eager to get out there on these nice trails. Here are some resources I'm using to feed my need:

SkinnySki.com is the go-to website for updated trail information in Minnesota and Wisconsin. They have a ton of reports, maps, etc.

In Duluth, call (218) 730-4321 for conditions on city cross country ski trails.


And just so you're ready to go, get your Great Minnesota Ski Pass now. Some years I've waited too long and had to go way out of my way to get that annual pass. Now you can get it online.

Ski season is nearly here: it will come that much faster if you're all ready to go.

No comments: