Friday, April 24, 2009

Reflecting on the beach

I am not a photographer. I do not make photographs. I take pictures. Here is one I took from our backyard beach the other day. Waves had crashed up over smooth sand beach berm, forming pools. The pools would disappear within a few minutes as the water drained back down into the sand. Just enough water was left here to reflect the Aerial Lift Bridge.

I am still not a photographer, but this picture called out to be cropped. I summoned my meager Photoshop skills to do just that.

For real North Shore photographs, made or taken, check out Travis Novitsky or Rudi Hargesheimer or Jay Steinke.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whan that April with his showres soote
The droughte of March hath perced to the roote,
And bathed every veine in swich licour,
Of which vertu engendred is the flowr;

Thanne longen Andrew to goon on pilgrimages,
Through plashy trayles and damperes beaches.....

Andrew Slade said...

Doch geht man mit Pudel
Zum Fuss mit Lust für Strudel
Schlamm und Matsch sind mir egal
Spaziergegangen in jedem Fall

Anonymous said...

Ganz toll, du.