Wednesday, December 2, 2009

A racy XC ski joke

While we wait for snow, I'm going to keep on quoting skiers and, today, retelling ski jokes. This one got the biggest laugh of the three ski jokes I told at the Midwest Mountaineering Expo a few weeks ago.



Welcome home, Paavo

Paavo was a veteran of the Russo-Finnish war and had been a member of Finland's elite ski troops, who skied silently through the woods and ambushed the Red Army. (This part of it is historically true.)

On the 60th anniversary of the end of the war, a reporter came to interview Paavo about his memories. He got a good account of all the skirmishes and close calls that Paavo had experienced. The last question was, "What was the first thing you did when you finally got home?"

Paavo blushed and said, "Well, you know, I'd been living away from my wife for an awfully long time. You'd better ask about the second thing I did."

The reporter smiled and nodded understandingly. "All right," he said. "What was the second thing you did?"

"I took off my skis."

From Democratic Underground

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yah then vell that's sort of a good kinda joke then.